Teacher - Special Education STACC
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: November 24, 2022
SUMMARY:Provides special education students with learning
activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their
potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Develops or modifies curricula and prepares lessons and other
instructional materials to student ability levels. Works in
self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as
assigned.BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The essential functions,
pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the
characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however,
this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive
listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in
this job description.
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate
openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to
effective learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
- Participate in ARD committee meetings; collaborate with
students, parents, and staff to develop an IEP through the ARD
Committee process for each student assigned.
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development
program for assigned students and show written evidence of
preparation as required.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
- Actively engage students in the learning process; plan and use
appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities,
materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the
learning styles, capabilities, and needs of students assigned.
- Utilize technology to strengthen the teaching/learning
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular
curricula as needed and assist special education students in
regular classes with assignments.
- Monitor and assess student achievement through formal and
informal assessments; ensure that assessment and feedback are
aligned with goals and objectives; provide opportunities for
relearning and re-evaluation of material.
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding
of students as stated in IEP.
- Manage student behavior; consult with classroom teachers
regarding management of student behavior according to IEP;
intervene in crisis situations and physically restrain students as
necessary according to IEP.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s).
- Collaborate with other faculty and administration to improve
State assessment performance of all students on the campus.
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents,
students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are
supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in professional development activities that are
aligned with district and campus goals, assigned area of
responsibility, and the varied needs of students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by TEA and
the district; file all physical and computerized reports, records,
and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal
requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard
Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY
- Provide guidance to assigned teacher aide(s).SKILLS AND
- Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
- Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee
process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Basic technology
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Texas special education teaching certificate
- Highly qualified as defined by No Child Left BehindExperience:
- Successful student teaching experience or approved
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and
other classroom equipment
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
- May be required to lift and position students with physical
disabilities, control behavior through physical restraint, and
assist non-ambulatory students.
- Exposure to biological hazards.INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:This
description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels
of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall
not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing
duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that
are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Teacher - Special Education STACC, Education / Teaching , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!