Senior Safety and Soundness Process Optimization Manager - C14
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million
customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and
jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our
clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable
growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our
clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the
highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the
communities we serve.
Citi's Personal Banking and Wealth Management (PBWM) business is
building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse,
digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're
looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and
differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to
provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success
by our Citi Leadership Standards: We take ownership, we deliver
with pride and we succeed together.
Overview of the Role
Safety and Soundness is part of the Personal Banking and Wealth
Management Technology (PBWMT) Engineering Risk & Controls and
Transformation organization. Safety and Soundness (S&S) is a
first line of defense function that provides services and products
to technology ensuring the oversight and execution of information
security and technology governance, risk, and compliance. S&S
collaborates with other technology, risk and controls, and business
leaders to identify and propose solutions that ensure strict
adherence to Citi policies, standards, and regulatory
The Senior Safety and Soundness Process Optimization Manager will
be the responsible leader for driving the execution of process
improvement and transformational initiatives that support Personal
Banking and Wealth Management's (PBWM) strategic focus areas. This
individual will drive the analysis of existing technology processes
and implement proactive process improvement and optimization
solutions that achieve consistent results aligned with the firm's
- Lead the analysis of existing technology processes, provide
recommendations and drive implementation of proactive solutions for
process modernization, expense reductions, automation, service
improvement and sustained quality improvement
- Partner with Line of Business (LOB) and key stakeholders to
confirm and prioritize process improvement opportunities and drive
execution for related initiatives.
- Groom and drive implementation of a portfolio of process
optimization initiatives of various sizes and complexities aligned
with PBWMT's strategic focus
- Manage multiple process improvement initiatives concurrently
and of varying complexity.
- Monitor and report on impacts of process improvement
initiatives as it relates to cost avoidance/cost savings or
positive customer impact
- Create end to end process maps that document the technology
implementation of business critical operational processes and
identify opportunities for improvements
- Responsible for ensuring process improvement opportunities are
aligned with the Safety and Soundness roadmap and is supported by
valid and achievable business cases.
- Provide support for end to end process optimization and
simplification initiatives for LOB core processes with mind to
reduce manual processing and adjustments leveraging straight
through processing strategies.
- Lead or influence a team of Process Optimization Managers to
execute projects which deliver process improvements, with
measureable impact that is financial (hard or soft savings,
revenue) or strategic.
- Partners with other Safety & Soundness teams, Engineering and
Risk Management to automate built-in Safety & Soundness
requirements and risk management policies into the SDLC pipeline
- Helps develop and maintain roadmaps for evolution of Safety &
Soundness Controls by Design including supporting key Citi
strategic business and technology goals
- Responsible for building Safety & Soundness into integrated
function within the entire Controls by Design process
- Create and deliver presentations that report on Safety and
Soundness organizational objectives and key results.
- Demonstrates technology product thought leadership with respect
to the key technologies and practices adopted, challenging status
quo to position Citi to compete in an era of increased competition
and digital disruption
- Manages timely Safety and Soundness Controls by Design/Process
Optimization engagements as well as risk management, including
audit and regulatory engagements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- Cultivate an inclusive team culture that embraces diversity of
thought, different backgrounds and experiences. Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years' experience leading process optimization
initiatives efforts with demonstrated ability to drive continuous
process improvement of product design, program management, and
business processes in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Lean tools/methods.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and product
- Experience working in or directing a matrix environment across
globally dispersed teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively
community technology risk to business and other stakeholders.
- Ability to translate requirements into processes and
- Hands on experience driving the optimization and automation of
current processes driving digital transformation.
- Basic understanding of major scripting/programming languages:
Java, Python, Groovy, Bash a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development
- Agile certified or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Visio,
SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, managing and
implementing complex business Transformation projects /
- Strong business acumen and ability to build consensus with all
business partners. Education:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree in Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- Master's degree preferred -
Job Family Group:
Business Analysis / Client Services
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$134,310.00 - $201,470.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Keller , Senior Safety and Soundness Process Optimization Manager - C14, Executive , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!