Enterprise Data Manager, SVP
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Your goal as a manager in the GCB Chief Data Office as an
Enterprise Data Manager is to drive execution for key aspects of
the Citi Data Governance Policy related to defined Enterprise Data
deliverables. This role focuses on agreed upon Enterprise Data
scope/coverage, ensures data quality requirements are defined and
methodically works to fulfill data quality requirements. The
Enterprise Data Manager monitors, escalates and remediates data
quality issues working with Technology functions. Enterprise Data
Managers help GCB build a deep, comprehensive, and documented
understanding of GCB's key data, data processes and data flows.
Effective Enterprise Data Ownership will partner with business data
stewards to ensure maintenance of key artifacts and drive
improvements to the business(es)' data designs, trustworthiness and
usage across the business(es). Enterprise Data Managers will be
hands-on leading the consolidation of disparate information about
the business' data and documenting/building a sustainable
understanding of how GCB's data flows through operational and
analytic platforms. Through the work that Enterprise Data Managers
drive, GCB will institutionalize an enhanced understanding of the
businesses' information assets at an aggregate level, data concept
level and data attribute level. The function partners with other
managers within GCB businesses and various technology teams to
build the knowledge and critically understand / assess the current
state of the businesses' information infrastructure. This
information is key input to the development of informed target
state plans and execution roadmaps. In this role, the individual
will directly manage a team of Business Data Analysts and technical
/ business focused contractors to build and manage project work and
to fulfill GCB commitments related to reducing Citi's Data
- Understands all aspects of Citi Data Governance Policy and
other key Data Governance Standards and Procedures including but
not limited to Data Lineage, Metadata, Data Quality, Data
Remediation, and Issue Management to serve as a CDO-aligned thought
- Manages the execution of assigned Enterprise Data Owner
deliverables including the adoption of CDO capabilities as required
by Policy and regulatory commitments. The scope of management
includes project planning, prioritizing requirements and activities
seeking diverse points of view for optimal solutions,
understanding, resolving, or escalating issues/concerns and
influencing Enterprise Chief Data Office and other Central
functions, when required.
- Collaborates with the Data Governance Office, Enterprise Chief
Data Office, Federated Chief Data Office, Consumer Business
Operations and Risk Controls (CBORC) and IT to identify, recommend
and/or implement processes and technologies that support successful
deployment of GCB Enterprise Data obligations.
- Understands the business and business processes to provide
insights into GCB's end-to-end data flows and the critical data
elements that flow across GCB's systems. Partner with Data Stewards
to drive end-to-end management and consistent usage to maximize the
trustworthiness in GCB data.
- Identifies data quality "hot spots" or points of exposure.
Determines strategies to improve data quality controls and
monitoring routines to de-risk points of data quality
vulnerabilities using CDO approved tools and solutions.
- Creates or supports the creation of data and system flow
documentation and process maps. Work to align other key data
capabilities including metadata repositories, data dictionaries,
data lineage, Business Process Maps and training materials with the
data and system process flows.
- Institutes and manages change management processes related to
data and system flow documentation and related data governance
- Continuously identifies or supports opportunities to streamline
and simplify the execution of Data Transformation initiatives and
data capabilities. Management
- Manage a team of business-focused and technically skilled data
analysts / contractors to improve GCB data and data flow
- Support the GCB Chief Data Office. Share best practices.
Seamlessly navigate between CDO, GCT and GCB data
- Be a trusted and informed advisor/partner to GCB Regional teams
and GCB lines of business staff members.
- Prepare and present status updates, issues / challenges / risks
and solutions to GCB CDO, stakeholders and partners in business and
technology teams in a succinct manner to drive decision-making and
- Lead meetings and working sessions to solve issues / challenges
/ risks by factoring input from partners and diverse points of
- Promote 'data as an asset' and drive culture change to make the
organization increasingly data informed. Education and
- Bachelor's degree in business, Finance, Engineering or
Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. A Master's degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least 10+ years of combined experience in banking and
financial services industry, information technology and data
governance. Experience includes supporting large data and data
quality initiatives, aligning business processes with data,
implementing technology solutions, developing, or supporting
standards / policies and data-related issue management and
- Experience with data management processes and tools and
applications, including process mapping and lineage toolsets
- Strong knowledge of structured/unstructured databases, data
modeling, data management, rapid / iterative development
methodologies and data governance tools.Soft Skills Experience
- Led initiatives within defined data scope and business
- Demonstrated relationship management and advisory skills with
sponsors, key stakeholders, partners and team members in both
Business and Technology forums.
- Good presentation skills, business and technical writing, and
verbal communication skills to support decision-making and
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills to
recognize and comprehend complex data flow and designs.
Self-motivated and able to dynamically determine priorities.
- Strong understanding of data governance issues, policies,
regulatory requirements, and industry information affecting the
business environment. Management
- Experience managing teams across diverse locations.
- Actively managed various aspects of data initiatives including
analysis, planning, execution and day-to-day production
- Led efforts to solve data flow / data design issues /
challenges / risks with input for solutions from cross-functional
team members and diverse viewpoints.
- Coached or mentored direct team members and/or indirect team
- Regularly provided timely action-focused status updates to
management and stakeholdersThis job description provides a
high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related
duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Decision Management -
Elk Grove Village Illinois United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$145,140.00 - $217,710.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Keller , Enterprise Data Manager, SVP, Executive , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!