MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and
practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization
provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and
children s health services to hospitals and health systems
nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies
and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to
form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Office
Receptionist in our Keller Questcare practice.
THE MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GENERAL
ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS SUCH AS SCHEDULING, RECEPTION, FRONT END
REVENUE CYCLE, AND OTHER PHYSICIAN OFFICE TASKS AS ASSIGNED.
* Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving
patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on
completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if
applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside
* Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments;
documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end
batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles
payments taken with reports.
* Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports,
identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate
personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close
* Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and
messages as required.
* Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to
* Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient
flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
* Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer
service for all callers.
* Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
* Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and
communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols.
Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
* Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic
* Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate
sections of the electronic medical record.
* Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered
are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
* Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
* Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
* Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business
* Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when
* Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills
and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from
hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to
manager, and performs other general office duties as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Reads and abides by the company s code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
* Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company.
* Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use
the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or
Legal Department to do so.
* One plus year of experience in a busy physician practice or
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experience with Word & Excel
* Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environments
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be a plus
* Good organizational skills
* Communicate and work well in a team environment
* Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
* Follow up in a timely manner on open items
* Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* 1 or more years of related experience
* Working within an electronic health record and practice
* Microsoft Office Suite
* EMR: eClinicalworks
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have
a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Keller , MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!