Speech Language Pathologist - Keller, TX
Company: Care Options for Kids
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SLP with feeding experience needed for clinic setting.Care
Options for Kids is a pediatric home health agency built on the
values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Commitment and Excellence.
We have created a strong and purposeful culture for our employees
that we extend outward to our patients, their families, and our
care partners in the community. Highlighting our culture, 94% of
our staff recommend COFK as a great place to work. With our
mentoring, growth opportunities, clinical research, and wonderful
benefits, and more, we're confident you'll love being a part of the
COFK family. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic therapists
who are interested in being part of therapy team backed and
supported by a strong and thriving company.
Position Summary: The position of a Speech Language Pathologist
provides therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of patients
with speech, language, hearing, oral motor, swallowing and
cognitive disorders. Provides coordinated care to patients of all
age groups. Plans, implements and evaluates patient care to restore
or maintain patient wellbeing. Collaborates with interdisciplinary
team.Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform clinical assessment; identify patient needs and
appropriateness of patient
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an
- Analyze patient needs and administer care as ordered by
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in
the performance of patient care that is consistent with the patient
needs and desires.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients
- Provides appropriate plan, treatment and evaluation for speech,
language, cognitive and swallowing disorders with appropriate test
- Maintain pertinent records of specific test performed and
- Educate patient/family concerning patient deficits, ways to
facilitate communication and appropriate discharge plans through
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication
skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members
to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, through education, coaching and other
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care. Experience/Requirements:
- Pediatric focus and home health experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice.
- Excellent communication - verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current
auto liability insurance. EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited
college or university
- Current Texas State License in Speech Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from American
Speech-Language Association Physical and Sensory Essential
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs. Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather. Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
Keywords: Care Options for Kids, Keller , Speech Language Pathologist - Keller, TX, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!