RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention Coordinator - Keller, Texas - Infection Control
Company: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Keller (FKA Evere
Posted on: September 16, 2022
RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention Coordinator - Keller,
TexasDescriptionTexas Rehabilitation Hospital Keller is located in
beautiful Keller, TX that is a joint venture between Texas Health
Resource and LifePoint--Healthcare. --It is a 36-bed rehabilitation
hospital serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term
illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.--
The Infection Control Nurse develops the annual hospital wide
Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program
and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees.
Education RN Job Specific:-- Some but not all duties listed
Assesses, plans, implements and
evaluates education programs and orientation of staff, students,
volunteers and contracted nursing staff. Uses independent judgement
to plan, create, implement and excecute training content and
programs. Consistently provides input into individual staff
development during the orientation process and on an ongoing basis.
Designs individualized orientations based upon specific position
and assessment of competency. Participates in establishing goals,
objectives, policies and procedures for staff development. Supports
and aligns educational activities with best practice initiatives
and hospital's quality improvement process. Serves as clinical
education resource on current practices and procedures within the
hospital. Infection Control Job specific:
- Drives and assumes ownership of Infection Control Plan and
activities in the hospital.
- Excercises independent judgement in analyzing and trending
infection data and creates a plan to reduce and prevent
- Funtions as the content expert on Infection Prevention and
Control for the hospital incuding determining course of action,
planning, implementing and ensuring compliance to the plan.
- Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan;
evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to
leadership and appropriate committees.
- Assures systems are in place to report infection surveillance,
prevention and control information to:
- appropriate staff in the hospital
- federal, state and local public health authorities in
accordance with law and regulation
- accrediting bodies
- other referring or receiving hospitals or organizations needing
information regarding the presence of infection in a patient
received or transferred
- Identifies potential sources of nosocomial infection and
implements actions to eliminate the source; and evaluates infection
data to distinguish between nosocomial and community-acquired
- Assists in identifying, monitoring and controlling outbreaks of
nosocomial infection among patient and hospital personnel.
- Maintains surveillance in order to collect, analyze and trend
data; provides accurate and timely reports to the Director of
Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement, leadership and
- Assures the hospital implements infection prevention and
control activities to reduce the risk of infections associated with
medical equipment, devices and supplies.
- Acts as a resource to hospital personnel in implementing
isolation techniques or other infection control measures.
- In collaboration with hospital leadership and personnel from
applicable departments or services, reviews and revises the program
to improve outcomes.
- Provides education for employees regarding infection control
during orientation and ongoing in-services as required.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working
relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing,
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.-- Bachelors
or Masters strongly preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, evaluating
and/or directing educational activities of clinical personnel
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a bedside RN
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Keller (FKA Evere, Keller , RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention Coordinator - Keller, Texas - Infection Control, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!