RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention Coordinator - Infection Control
Company: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Keller (FKA Evere
Posted on: January 21, 2023
RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention CoordinatorJob # 443162
Date posted 09/08/2022
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital Keller is located in beautiful
Keller, TX that is a joint venture between Texas Health Resource
and LifePoint Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital
serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term
illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
The Infection Control Nurse develops the annual hospital wide
Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program
and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees.
Education RN Job Specific:
Some but not all duties listed below:
* Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates education programs and
orientation of staff, students, volunteers and contracted nursing
* Uses independent judgement to plan, create, implement and
excecute training content and programs.
* Consistently provides input into individual staff development
during the orientation process and on an ongoing basis.
* Designs individualized orientations based upon specific position
and assessment of competency.
* Participates in establishing goals, objectives, policies and
procedures for staff development.
* Supports and aligns educational activities with best practice
initiatives and hospital's quality improvement process.
* Serves as clinical education resource on current practices and
procedures within the hospital.
Infection Control Job specific:
* Drives and assumes ownership of Infection Control Plan and
activities in the hospital.
* Excercises independent judgement in analyzing and trending
infection data and creates a plan to reduce and prevent
* Funtions as the content expert on Infection Prevention and
Control for the hospital incuding determining course of action,
planning, implementing and ensuring compliance to the plan.
* Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan;
evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to
leadership and appropriate committees.
* Assures systems are in place to report infection surveillance,
prevention and control information to:
* appropriate staff in the hospital
* federal, state and local public health authorities in accordance
with law and regulation
* accrediting bodies
* other referring or receiving hospitals or organizations needing
information regarding the presence of infection in a patient
received or transferred
* Identifies potential sources of nosocomial infection and
implements actions to eliminate the source; and evaluates infection
data to distinguish between nosocomial and community-acquired
* Assists in identifying, monitoring and controlling outbreaks of
nosocomial infection among patient and hospital personnel.
* Maintains surveillance in order to collect, analyze and trend
data; provides accurate and timely reports to the Director of
Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement, leadership and
* Assures the hospital implements infection prevention and control
activities to reduce the risk of infections associated with medical
equipment, devices and supplies.
* Acts as a resource to hospital personnel in implementing
isolation techniques or other infection control measures.
* In collaboration with hospital leadership and personnel from
applicable departments or services, reviews and revises the program
to improve outcomes.
* Provides education for employees regarding infection control
during orientation and ongoing in-services as required.
* Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working
relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing,
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. Bachelors
or Masters strongly preferred.
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
* Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, evaluating and/or
directing educational activities of clinical personnel
* Minimum of 2 years' experience as a bedside RN
* CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Keller (FKA Evere, Keller , RN Nurse Educator/ Infection Prevention Coordinator - Infection Control, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!