Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a
Medical Assistant with CareNow you can be a part of an organization
that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsCareNow, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the CareNow family! We will give you the tools and resources
you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an
enthusiastic Medical Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock
your potential!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Medical
Assistant, you will:
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking
patient histories and vital signs
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments for
your patients including preparation and maintenance of supplies and
equipment for treatments, including sterilization
- Give injections, and assist with lab testing and phlebotomy
- Assist physicians in applying splints, dressings, and
- Assist with transfers and scheduling of follow-up care
- Coordinate patient physicals and work place injuries for
- Screen incoming calls for referral to physicians and
practitionersYou Should Have:
- 1+ year of experience in a clinical patient setting is
- Experience using an EHR system is very helpful
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting or
completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required
- Certification from the American Association of Medical
Assistants (AAMA) is helpful
- The ability to obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening
Certificate and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 30 days
of start preferredThe CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours of
operations are Monday through Saturday 8am - 8pm and Sunday 8am -
5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
CareNow delivers quality, convenient, patient-centered urgent care
with unparalleled service. We are in more than 100 urgent care
clinics around the United States. We are committed to staffing our
clinics with the most qualified and experienced providers. Our
providers are dedicated to improving lives and leading the charge
in urgent care medicine. Our physician-guided focus is centered on
providing extensive resources. And we provide support to our
growing CareNow physician team. Our doctors and medical staff are
trained in family practice, emergency medicine or internal
medicine. We offer a wide range of primary and urgent care services
for the entire family. CareNow is an affiliate of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Assistant
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Keller , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!