Substitute - RN Nurse (2023-2024) - Med Surg
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Substitute - RN Nurse (2023-2024)SUMMARY:
Provides health services to students and performs nursing duties of
the regular campus nurse as assigned.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
* Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly
* Provide temporary and emergency care utilizing professional
assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school
health protocols; notify parents of accident or illness and secure
medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or
emergency contact cannot be reached).
* Administer medications to students at school; administer
medications according to district policy and procedures.
* Provides emergency nursing services for all school staff.
* Performs nursing services as needed for individual students such
as administering medications, catheterizations, tracheostomy care,
diabetic care, etc., when ordered by their physicians.
* Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child
* Communicate regularly with Principal, Director of Health
Services, staff, and parents regarding health services issues;
report potential health and safety hazards to principal.
* Review and evaluate student immunization records.
* Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic
records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
* Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas
Nurse Practice Act, Texas Department of Health rules, State Board
of Education rules, and board policy; comply with all district and
campus routines and regulations and verbal and written
* Utilize effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
* Establish and maintain professional communication with parents,
students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are
supportive, courteous, and respectful.
* Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health
* Ability to provide direct care utilizing professional assessment
skills, the nursing process and established school health
* Ability to implement individual health plans for medically
* Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
* Ability to implement policies and procedures
* Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education
* Valid registered nurse license from the Texas State Board of
* Certified by Texas Department of Health to conduct vision and
* CPR/AED Certification
* Two (2) years successful nursing experience
* Community health experience (preferred)
* Maintain emotional control under stress
* Exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
* Moderate lifting and carrying required in working with special
* Occasional district-wide travel
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and
levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title
and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing
duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that
are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Substitute - RN Nurse (2023-2024) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!