Company: MHMR of Tarrant County
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Description Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential
requirement of this role, unless individual is approved for a
reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or
religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. MHMR
will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as
all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliancePay is
determined by relevant experience, work history, education and
internal equities. As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
practices, MHMR offers the maximum compensation for candidates
based on their experience, education and internal equities of the
agency. This practice removes biases in compensation and assist
hires and/or promotions on pay equity in their appropriate
position(s) at MHMR.Pay Rate:15.00 Full-time, part-time, overnight,
and as-needed positions available.I) Job PurposeEnsuring that
dignity and respect are afforded the people living in the
Residential Program, the Residential Trainer will teach and provide
supports so that people in the home:
- Feel safe and have the best possible health
- Are afforded choices and due process
- Are provided opportunities for community inclusions
- Are encouraged to realize their personal goals.II) Essential
FunctionsProvide training teaching, supervision, and support to the
people living in the home to assist them to realize personal goals.
- Implement and document, per shift according to standards and
procedures, formal and informal training as recommended by the IDT
without exception unless authorized by the QIDDPI Case
- Integrates all training areas and opportunities into the daily
routine as evidenced by observations, feedback and/or
- Implement behavior management plans, if applicable, per IDT
recommendations without exception.
- Provide training and supports so that people can successfully
integrate into the community (vocational/employment,
leisure/recreation, banking, shopping, etc.) as evidenced by
observation, feedback and documentation of services provided.
- Role model character and behavior that is desired from the
people living in the home as trained and instructed without
exception.Provide a safe and healthy environment for the people
living in the home.
- Supervised self-administration of medications with no more than
2 minor errors in a quarter and no more than 1 serious error in a
12 month period.
- Reports, documents, and monitors illnesses, injuries, changes
in behavior, and other issues per procedures, standards, and
instructions as evidenced by observations, feedback, and or
- Follow health care provider orders recommendations and IDT
recommendations without exception.
- Inspects, corrects and reports problems and accidents,
according to procedure regarding cleanliness and safety issues in
the home, surrounding area, and vehicle as evidenced by audits,
observations, and/or documentation.
- Operates agency equipment, including the vehicle, according to
instructions, state laws, and other applicable procedures.
- Ensure that all safety belts, straps, and safety procedures are
used without exception.
- Follow abuse/neglect rules and reporting procedures without
- Maintain valid, current driver's license with less than 10
points against the driving record without exception.Attend work,
training, meetings as assigned/scheduled/needed so that employees
are well informed and have the necessary training to meet the needs
of the people.
- No unauthorized absences for scheduled work day, training in
service, or meeting.
- Successfully completes employee orientation within specified
- Attends and successfully completes required refresher training
with no more than 1 training class over 6 months delinquent.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings for the homes with no more than
2 exceptions.Follows agency, departmental, state and federal
procedures/standards/rules including the principles of QAlS.
- Treats people with dignity and respect as evidenced by
observations and feedback from the people and their
families/guardians, staff without exception.
- Maintain confidentiality of the people according to procedures
- Documents according to agency guidelines/ record keeping
procedures and applicable standards with 95% of documents present
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manner to include
interactions with families, guardians, agency staff, auditors, and
the community at large.
- HCS Residential Trainers will provide residential assistance as
defined in HCS Consumer Principles for Evidentiary
Certification.Ensures the safety, health, and well-being of the
persons.Helps with meal preparation, assists with daily living
skills and transportation.Must be able to help adult individuals
with self-help skills such as, changing soiled clothing/underwear,
bathing, brushing teeth and assisting with medical treatments such
as eye drops, suppositories, diabetic treatments, etc.Full time
shifts currently available.For more information about the
Residential Trainer position, follow the link
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, Education and
- TXMHIDD Community Standards
- ICF/IDD Standards as applicable
- RCS Principles as applicable
- MHIDDTC Policies and Procedures
- Must have the ability to train and teach people with
- Basic knowledge of behavioral management principles
- Successfully complete required training
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in
- Work irregular schedules, including overnight shifts.
- Interact courteously and professionally at all times
- Ability to stay awake during scheduled work, training, meeting
times.IV) Internal & External Customer ServiceExtensive internal
and external contact is required. The employee will demonstrate
advanced written and verbal skills while maintaining a positive
image. V) TravelThis position requires transporting clients and
driving between locations as an essential function of work.
Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be
able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal
vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto
insurance coverage is required. Minimum Requirements Required
EducationHigh School / GEDDefined EducationNoneRequired
ExperienceNoneRequired LicenseValid Texas driver's license with an
acceptable driving record.Required Supervisory Experience0
year(s)SubstitutionsNoneTesting RequirementsPre-employment tests
including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance,
and lift test.Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA)
Containment. Must be able to demonstrate lifting and transferring
of 55 pounds.Lifting Requirements55 PoundsOur Benefits:Our total
rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning
1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision) Life
insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization
plans 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans Paid vacation
and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations Annual
tuition reimbursement program Student Loan Forgiveness Professional
development programs and training And more..Insurance eligibility:
Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately
after hire date Select part time market driven positions are
eligible for most insurance plans Substitute status jobs are not
eligible for benefitsFor more information, clickhere.Additional
Information*MHMR of Tarrant County ("MHMR") and its affiliates and
subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may
supplement that internal capability from time to time with
assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services,
and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively
as "Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT
to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present
candidates MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel
must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more
information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org
Keywords: MHMR of Tarrant County, Keller , Residential Trainer, Human Resources , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!