Service Desk Engineer
Company: THE FULCRUM GROUP INC
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who are you?
Do you enjoy video games, have a home network or enjoy learning
about technology? Do you genuinely like people and enjoy explaining
technology to your friends? Get ready to up "your technical game"
and get the chance to work with more senior engineers? The Fulcrum
Group might be the next step for a career in IT.
We need an additional person on our Service Desk. This isn't a
"password reset only" service desk, though. You will need great
communication skills, experience with Microsoft Office knowledge
and understanding of business network basics, especially Windows
infrastructure services such as DNS/DHCP.
The Fulcrum Group, Inc. is a Growing IT Services firm with 19
years+ history in DFW and a great reputation with our clients and
in the IT community. During your onboarding, you'll learn about our
various tools and internal resources to help you grow. Work is
fast-paced but we always make time for family, to celebrate success
and enjoy each other's unique sense of humor. Ownership is engaged
and active in the business, on a daily basis. We are a team.
We've won multiple vendors and industry awards, including Fort
Worth Chamber Small Business of the Year in 2017, CRN's NextGen 250
Award, Digium's Pinnacle Partner of the Year, and Channel Futures
MSP501 in 2020.
What we need
A Service Desk representative that would work one of our three
shifts during the day, either 6 am-3 pm, 7 am-4 pm or 9 am-6 pm.
Like most IT, there is an on-call weekly rotation, but there is a
little extra compensation when it is your time on call.
You must be able to methodically perform desktop
troubleshooting, whether hardware, software or network settings in
Windows 10 Professional business environments. You must
- Engage users and managers as people needing help,
- Follow troubleshooting process,
- Understand OSI and TCP/IP models,
- Be able to check Active Directory,
- Identify Group Policy settings, and
- Complete administrative tasks
What you'll do
As our Service Desk Engineer, your skills should allow you to
add value with common tasks such as:
- Take incoming support calls and reviews incoming email
- Conduct remote control sessions with client contacts or direct
- Review monitoring tools and alerts, for deeper dives into
- Resolve basic browsing and printing issues
- Help users with Microsoft Office Suite
- Troubleshoot email flow, filtering or Office 365
- Provide spyware and virus response, following our security
- Work through client/server application issues, such as with
- Follow SOPs and checklists established for specific clients,
- Document work and solutions in our ticketing system
- Candidates should have earned an A+ and N+ certification, or
similar practical experiences
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10, understanding patching,
network connectivity and hardware troubleshooting
- General knowledge of computer networking terminology, common IT
applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Good data gathering and problem-solving following the
- Great oral and written communications skills
- Occasional onsite client support and projects require the
candidate to have dependable transportation for local travel in the
- Bachelor's degree
- Military Experience
- Recent MSP or service delivery expertise
- Skills in basic server administration, network backup tools,
routing, switching or firewall technologies
Keywords: THE FULCRUM GROUP INC, Keller , Service Desk Engineer, Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!