Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides a safe environment for all pool patrons and swimmers in
the pool and on the deck area; assists in supporting the rules,
regulations, and safety of the pool facility within the lifeguard
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
* Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in
an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and
contributing to the achievement of district goals.
* Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies,
regulations, and ordinances governing the conduct of persons using
* Scan pool area in order to detect safety concerns and practice
* Consistently scan pool for distressed swimmers.
* Respond to emergencies in an appropriate manner as taught by the
lifeguard, first aid, and CPR training.
* Complete an incident report for all accidents and injuries.
* Perform all facets of general pool maintenance.
* Enforce and adhere to all rules and regulations of the pool.
* Request assistance from head lifeguard or natatorium manager to
maintain discipline of swimmers if needed.
* Maintain an acceptable appearance at all times with regard to
both uniform and personal hygiene.
* Initiate the Natatorium Emergency Action Plan (EAP) when
* Attend required monthly lifeguard training.
* Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform
job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
* Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions
that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
* Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all
interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
* Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal
requirements, and verbal and written directives.
* Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of pool safety
* Knowledge of how to prevent accidents and how to react if there
is an accident
* Ability to swim long distances with great strength
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Equipment Used: Safety equipment, rescue tube, spine backboard,
automated external defibrillator, wheelchair lift, radio
* Red Cross Professional Lifeguard Certification
* Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification
* One (1) year successful lifeguard experience (preferred)
* Maintain emotional control under stress
* Exposure to high humidity
* Exposure to normal chemical hazards in pool water (chlorine,
sodium bicarbonate, soda ash)
* Periodic movement (pulling) of floatable bulkheads
* Visual acuity
* Crouching/kneeling in operation and movement of lane reel/lane
ropes and operation of handicap lift
* Moderate lifting
* Sitting (elevated lifeguard stand), standing
* Work on slippery surfaces
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and
levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title
and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing
duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that
are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Seasonal Lifeguard, Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!