Elementary Campus Secretary - 220 Days
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Job Title: Secretary- Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 6
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: September, 2006
Organizes and manages the routine work activities of the school
office and provides clerical support services to the school's
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
* Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in
an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and
contributing to high student achievement.
* Prepare correspondence, memorandums, forms, requisitions, and
reports for the school office.
* Maintain a schedule of appointments for principal.
* Answer incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to
appropriate staff; handle questions andrequests that fall within
level of responsibility.
* Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to
* Maintain supplies for the school; order supplies as needed; input
all information on purchases of supplies and equipment in the
* Monitor and process personnel time records including leave
requests and reports.
* Assist with new student enrollment; check files for correct
* Prepare class rosters.
* Prepare and process student withdrawals.
* Perform routine bookkeeping tasks; maintain accurate records of
school budget accounts.
* Prepare, process, and track all purchase orders and payment
* Maintain petty cash account.
* Collect all money and process for deposit (field trips, school
* Prepare for and organize campus meetings as directed.
* Update handbooks, policy manuals and other documents as
* Maintain physical and computerized student files and records.
* Prepare and pack all records to be stored at the end of the year;
manage the transfer of student records to appropriate campuses.
* Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and
serve on staff committees as required.
* Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all
interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are
supportive, courteous, and respectful.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal
requirements, and verbal and written directives.
* Participate in staff development training programs to improve job
* Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Collect and process student schedule request forms; make schedule
changes as needed.
* Print and burst report cards at administration building;
distribute to teachers during school year and mail final report
* Receive, compile, and file student records from elementary
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
* Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
* Proficient keyboarding, calculator, and file maintenance
* Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and
* Basic math skills
* Ability to use personal computer and software to develop
spreadsheets, data bases, and do word processing
Equipment Used: Computer, printers, calculator, fax machine,
typewriter, copier, telephone, laminator
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Three (3) years successful clerical experience
* Experience in public education environment and public relations
* Maintain emotional control under stress
* Work with frequent interruptions
* Repetitive hand motions
* Prolonged use of computer
* Possible lifting 25+ lbs.
* Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Elementary Campus Secretary - 220 Days, Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!