Educational Aide II - Pre-K Aide - 183 Days
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title: Aide II, Early Childhood Wage/Hour Status:
(Pre-K, Pre-K Bilingual, Pre-K Co-Teach) Funding Source:
Pay Grade: PR 2
Hiring Schedule Department/School: Assigned Campus
Function: Educational Support
Reports to: Campus Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned
HR Date Approved: December 2015
HR Date Revised: June 2020
Help meet physical and instructional needs of individual students
including students with disabilities inside and outside classroom.
Assist in preparing, conducting and managing of classroom
activities. Assist with the implementation of Individual Education
Plans (IEP), including self-help, behavior management, and
instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal
and immediate direction of certified teacher.
For positions funded by Title monies or for positions at campuses
identified as a campus-wide Title campus, the position supports
grant activities aimed at improving academic achievement for
students struggling to meet state standards.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
* Model KISD core organizational beliefs and values; communicate
openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage
resources to effectively support District goals.
* Provide program support and service delivery; communicate
effectively within and across teams and participate in
cross-functional work groups.
* Maintain a commitment to the District mission; model District
expectations through personal leadership and actively support the
efforts of others to achieve District goals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher;
work with individual students or small groups.
* Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom
* Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
* Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
* Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required
* Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing
instruments or work assignments.
* Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
* Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside
classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
* Regularly help meet the individual needs of student(s) including
transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting and positioning;
interpreting instructions; and assisting with physical needs and
personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs, and personal
* Help manage the behavior of assigned student(s). This may include
assisting in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or
dangerous student behavior alongside teacher and/or campus
administrator direction if needed, therefore, must be trained in
Crisis Prevention Institute Training (CPI Training) if assistance
* Recognize differences in student's special medical, physical,
communicative, and emotional needs and adapt methods and
* Work with assigned student(s) or small groups to develop motor
skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
* Assist with monitoring and maintenance of medical devices that
are needed to maintain the health and safety of students, if
* Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned
Policy, Reports, and Law
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Participate in professional development programs, faculty
meetings, and special events as assigned.
* Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal
requirements, and verbal and written directives.
* Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard
Practices for Texas
* Follow District safety protocols and emergency procedures.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or hold a General Educational Development
* Valid Texas Educational Aide Certificate
* Have met formal academic assessment, Associate Degree, or two
years of study at an institution of higher learning*
* *Required by Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for aides who are
providing instructional support in Title I, Part A program.
* Crisis Prevention Institute Training - if required by campus
* One (1) year successful experience working with children
* For Title I, Part A Programs: Two (2) years successful experience
working with children in an educational setting
* Ability to work with children with disabilities
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Knowledge of general office equipment
DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
* Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals;
standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive
equipment used by students
* Frequent standing; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping,
pushing/pulling, and twisting
* Frequent walking and reaching
* Frequent light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds);
Occasional heavy lifting (45-80 pounds unassisted and 81-200 pounds
assisted) and positioning or students with physical disabilities,
controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting
nonambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive and other
* Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and
inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological
hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases)
* Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control
under stress work; prolonged or irregular hours
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Educational Aide II - Pre-K Aide - 183 Days, Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!