Head Custodian - Elementary School
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Job Title: Head Custodian Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Elementary, Intermediate, Administration Funding Source: Local
Pay Grade: OS 4
Department/School: Assigned Campus
Reports to: Supervisor Facility Services HR Date Approved: October
HR Date Revised: January 2021
Supervises the campus custodial operations. Establishes and follows
routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high
standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building
operations and perimeter grounds.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Model KISD core organizational beliefs and values; communicate
openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage
resources to effectively support District goals.
- Provide program support and service delivery; communicate
effectively within and across teams and participate in
cross-functional work groups.
- Maintain a commitment to the District mission; model District
expectations through personal leadership and actively support the
efforts of others to achieve District goals. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign work to campus custodians and oversee completion
according to district standards. Train and retrain custodians as
- Evaluate performance of custodians on campus by performing
quality inspections on a weekly basis in order to maintain quality
at or above standard levels.
- Ensure all custodians on campus are working the scheduled hours
and using time clock accurately.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance for self and
- Implement and maintain established cleaning schedules including
emptying waste and cleaning floors, windows, furniture, equipment,
- Keep school building and perimeter, including sidewalks and
play areas, neat and clean.
- Coordinate lunchroom clean-up.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and
order additional supplies as needed. Maintenance and Repair
- Make minor building repairs as needed and report needed major
repair to supervisor.
- Assist in setting up facilities for regular and special events
and move furniture or equipment within building as directed.
- Assume responsibility for opening and closing building each
school day. Check daily to ensure all exit doors are open and all
panic bolts are working properly during hours of building
occupancy. Ensure procedures for locking, checking, and
safeguarding facilities are followed.
- Inspect machines and equipment and perform preventative
maintenance for safety and efficiency.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform
job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate tools and
equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any
conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain systems for retrieval of information in
support of all programs.
- Pursue Professional Development activities; ensure that
Professional Development activities are aligned with District goals
- Comply with all policies, including established Departmental
Policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard
Practices for Texas
- Follow District safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Experience:
- Two (2) years successful experience as a custodian SPECIAL
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions for
cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Knowledge of cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Ability to perform minor repairs
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to instruct others in the performance of tasks
- Ability to lead, supervise, train, and direct a team of
custodians SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
- Supervise and evaluate performance of assigned staff.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Buffer, stripper, burnisher, wet and dry vacuum cleaner,
shampooer, dollies, ladders; small hand tools; small power tools
- Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting,
bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting Motion:
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, grasping/squeezing,
wrist flexion/extension, reaching, and overhead reaching
- Frequent lifting up to 45lbs. and occasional heavy lifting and
carrying (45 pounds and over) Environment:
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking
surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures,
dust, toxic chemicals and materials; regularly work irregular
hours; occasional prolonged hours Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , Head Custodian - Elementary School, Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...