ARD Facilitator (2023-2024)
Company: Keller Independent School District
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Implements the Special Education Admission, Review and Dismissal
(ARD) process. Conduct ARD meetings at assigned campuses. Complete
all required documentation in the development and completion of
Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students at assigned campuses.
Maintain student records and work collaboratively with other
personnel to develop plans for services for students with special
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and
responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents
examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions found in this job
- Maintain a commitment to the District mission; model District
expectations through personal leadership and actively support the
efforts of others to achieve District goals.
- Utilize effective communication and collaboration skills
between and among various areas of the organization to maximize
service delivery, program development, and customer
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in relating to
staff, the Board of Trustees, and community members.
- Ensure that timeline requirements are met for all students
regarding annual ARDs, Written Notice to Parents of ARD/IEP
meetings, and maintain appropriate documentation of the ARD/IEP
- Collect and organize relevant data from student's cumulative
folder, classroom teachers(s), principal, support staff, parents,
and outside resource people;
- Consult parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant
individuals concerning the educational needs of students to enhance
facilitation of educational programs.
- Coordinate with all parties, prepare documentation, and
participate in the ARD Committee regarding appropriate placement
and development of IEP's for students according to District
procedures, state and federal guidelines.
- Assist classroom teachers and other District staff with the
implementation of the IEP and the development of strategies for
learning to maximize student success.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents,
students, and District personnel; ensure that all interactions are
supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in Special Education meetings, campus committees,
etc. as requested by supervisor.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law,
State Board of Education rule, and local Board Policy in the areas
of placement, and planning for Special Education services.
- Continually learn and build personal and professional
- Maintain a supportive, positive, and professional attitude
regarding all aspects of the job responsibilities, administration,
and District/campus goals.
- Positively represent Keller ISD and the District administration
at public venues and/or
- activities; maintain a professional appearance, manner and work
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all
interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Develop and implement systems to enhance the positive work
environment as aligned with Core Documents.
- Develop and maintain systems for retrieval of information in
support of all programs; compile, maintain, file, and secure all
physical and computerized reports, records, and other required
- Pursue professional development activities for self and
assigned staff; ensure that professional development activities are
aligned with district goals and initiatives and current
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal
requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard
Practices for Texas Educators.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special
education students, human development, and learning theories
- Knowledge of special education ARD process and legal
requirements for documentation of student needs in the IEP
- Ability to keep technical and professional records and to make
appropriate reports and recommendations
- Excellent computer skills utilizing special education software
and databases effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and data
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience in either
special education and/or administrative experience in the ARD/IEP
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel to multiple work locations as
- Moderate lifting and carrying required in working with special
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and
levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title
and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing
duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that
are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Keywords: Keller Independent School District, Keller , ARD Facilitator (2023-2024), Other , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...