Posted on: May 6, 2020
Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities,
our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This
position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting,
interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are
committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates,
and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include
increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are
required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more
about our company approach on our main company career page
A Penske Auto Technician I will diagnose, adjust, and repair
automotive, light truck and van series of equipment including, but
not limited to the following: Engines (gas and light duty diesel),
Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and
automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Starters/Alternators, Air
conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Suspension
components, Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and
efficient manner while meeting time standards.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, emission systems, fuel system
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 3 plus years practical maintenance and repair experience with
Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the
diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines,
transmissions, differentials) as defined as "heavy-line" type
- 608/609 certifications
- A valid Driver's license
- Advanced LASD computer system skills preferred for data entry
into maintenance systems.
- Able to use and operate any and all diagnostic computers and
equipment required by the vehicles operating within the
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district and work
at any station or shop within the district if required.
- Completion of on-line OEM training courses for vehicle makes and
models operated by L. A. Sheriff's Department.
- Master Tech ASE certification to include brake certification
(A-4) and Headlight adjustors certification
- Have required tools to perform all maintenance and repair work as
required by the vehicles operating within the district
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as
the safety of others.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must
be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Keller , Mechanic, Professions , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!