Credentialed Veterinary Technician
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Keller Animal Clinic has been providing compassionate care to
pets and their families since our doors opened in 1981. We are a
three-doctor, small animal hospital located in Keller, Texas in an
old, charming part of town, about 20 miles north of Fort Worth. -We
are heavily involved with our local shelter providing doctors and
medical care to the pets there on a weekly basis. Here at Keller
Animal Clinic, we pride ourselves in being a part of our client's
pets' lives from the beginning, all the way to those difficult last
steps. We want our clients and pets to feel at home when they come
to visit us. -If you have the desire to be a team player, have a
desire to learn more about the medicine everyday to better yourself
and the practice as a whole, and enjoy taking care of clients and
their pets like they are family, then apply today! The Veterinary
Technician (Vet Tech) is responsible for assisting Veterinarians in
the care of animals. The Vet Tech helps during patient examinations
and surgical procedures by restraining animals when necessary,
stocking examination and surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing
tools and ensuring that equipment is in working order. Vet Techs
also communicate with clients (pet owners) and update patient
files. This position may perform an initial evaluation of the
animal's condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital statistics,
collect samples and administer medication.
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary -Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 5,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while -tackling
-a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
-among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Keller , Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Professions , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!