Licensed Veterinary Technician (PT)
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Parkside Animal Hospital is located in Keller, Texas and has
been serving the community since 2000. We are a full-service animal
hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats and offer
services such as routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Here
at Parkside Animal Hospital we are dedicated to providing the
highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly,
compassionate service. We believe in treating every patient as if
they were our own pet, and give them the same loving attention and
care. We are a group of highly trained, experienced animal lovers
who are devoted to giving our patients the best care possible. If
you are a passionate and caring team player looking for a
drama-free work environment, please apply today!
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed
network of 300+ animal hospitals with the common goal of providing
the highest quality veterinary care to companion animals with
exceptional client experiences.We are seeking a Credentialed
Veterinary Technician to join our growing team and help ensure we
are providing those great experiences. When you join our
organization as a Veterinary Technician, you gain access to a peer
network of over 5000 individuals, CE allowance, and Learning &
Development programs to help you meet your career goals. Whether
you are just now starting your journey as a Veterinary Technician
or are looking to make a change, SVP provides you with the
resources you need to have a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced
- Patient examinations, auscultation of heart and lung sounds,
determine normal/abnormal TPRs and QATS
- Professional client communication and education obtaining
medical histories and symptoms
- Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology,
cytology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood chemistry, and
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow
- Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical
environment in order to ensure an asepsis environment for both
patient and personal safety.
- Anesthesia monitoring and endotracheal intubation
- Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering
medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages,
providing high quality physical and psychological needs of the
patient during any hospitalization stay or visit
- Proficient in dental prophylaxis
- Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and
dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse
reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.Ready to help us WAG?
We live out our WAG Values on a daily basis, but don't just take
our word for it. Check out the video below to hear directly from
some of our teammates on what our WAG Values mean to them.
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to
enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling
a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
among a great team of people!
About Southern Veterinary PartnersSVP pursues partnerships with
like-minded veterinarians to build this growing network of
compassionate, service-oriented animal hospitals. We're based in
Birmingham, AL, but the heartbeat of our organization is in our
300+ local animal hospitals across the country.
Our team's continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable
growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than
5,000 employees nationwide. The organization's success has not gone
unnoticed, landing us recognition among Inc. 5000's List of
"Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, and
2021), Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest
Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021),
and Birmingham Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" (2021).
You + SVP - Amazing Together
Let's talk about your amazing future. Start the conversation with
our teams today.
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Keller , Licensed Veterinary Technician (PT), Professions , Keller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!